- Download and install tortoise SVN
- Create a folder which will be used as a server folder say "F:/ServerData".
- Right-click to this folder and select "create repository here"
- This will create a server folder and will provide you the repository path e.g. file:///F:/ServerData
- Create another folder which will be served as a client folder say "F:/SourceData"
- Right-click to this newly created folder and select SVN-checkout option
- Provide repository path obtained in previous step. This will create a repository folder structure with 3 sub-folders as branches, tags and trunk.
- Now copy the source folder under trunk folder.
- Right-click trunk , select TortoiseSVN -> Add. This will add your source code under source control.
All set and you are ready to use your own source control system to track your own progress.